Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Alphabet of Grattitude

People and things I am truly grateful for, one letter at a time.

A apple pie - homemade - and the role it plays in my family.  I also have to say my friend Angie.  She is
    the truest friend anybody could ask for.


B bananas, milk, and peanut butter, all mixed together in a blender.  My breakfast of choice.


C Craig.  He may have broken my heart, and I may still be angry and hurt.  But I learned so much from
    being with him; about myself, about love, about strength, about patience.  Also, Claire, my dear dear
    girlfriend in London.  As a friend, she's a lifer!


D daylight.  I love love love sunny days.


E Erin, my good friend who was instrumental in helping me recover from my last breakup, and who was
    instrumental in the rebuilding of my confidence.


F forgiveness.  I'm a big believer in second chances.  It is not the easiest thing to give, but it is so freeing.


G good books that leave you thinking.


H home cooked meals that are shared with friends and family.


I Ian.  My friend for life.


J justification.  When you can justify doing something lavish or decadent.


K Katherine.  Another of my very good friends who sees me for me, and inspires me to be a better
    person.  Probably the most positive person I know.


L letters.  As in, snail mail.  I love getting them, and appreciate the fact that someone took the time to
    write them to me.


M my mother.  Of everybody on earth, she has influenced and inspired me the most.  I only hope I
     develop into half the woman - and mother - she is.


N news - the morning news on TV.  "Canada AM", to be precise.  I grew up watching it, and I still
    watch it, as an adult.  It's the perfect background to my morning getting-ready routine.


O occasions that allow me to dress up (either in costume, or just fancy dress).  They don't come often
    enough.


P pedicures.  Having nice, colourful toes seriously makes me smile inside.  Sometimes it can be just the
    lift I need.


Q quiet moments.  Especially when they involve sharing comfortable silence with someone.


R reconnections with old friends.  Real reconnections, not just through facebook.


S skype.  The perfect way to keep in touch with family and friends who are far away.


T tea.  A really good cup of tea.


U umbrellas that aren't broken.  Unfortunately, I don't have one of these at the moment.  But, this being
   Vancouver, I'll need to get one soon....


V voice classes


W Wayne - a very close friend who takes care of me when I need it (and when I know that I do or not),
     both physically and emotionally.


X x, the letter.  It's there to stump people.


Y yoga


Z zzzzzzzzz - this represents a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...