The past few months have been stressful, and as a result, I've been climbing the walls, itching to get out of the city. Actually, this is kind of the understatement of the year.

In an act of heroism, my friend Trevor took me camping. We live in Vancouver, Canada, and we went to Cowichan Lake, on Vancouver Island. We went four days without showering, without knowing the time, and without looking in a mirror. We played bocce ball and scrabble, we sun bathed, and we hung out on the water (I say on the water because it was too cold to swim in, so we spent our time floating on blow-up floaty things). We even saw some good old Canadian wildlife - elk! I can't even begin to describe how relaxing and rejuvenating this little vacation was. I thought I'd share some of our photos with you.
This was our campsite. We were right on the beach.
Elk!
Please note that as in any blog entry where I name a friend, the name has been changed due to my paranoia in protecting their identity.




No comments:
Post a Comment