Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Swiss Holiday

I'm a lucky girl.  For the past four years my parents (mother and step-dad) have lived in Geneva.  This means that my Christmases are spent in the mountains of Switzerland.  However, this is their last year/Christmas living there, so I thought I'd post some of my favourite Swiss pictures from my visits.

FYI: I'm in Geneva right now!  I'll be doing clerical work at the Canadian embassy here for the next week or so, and I don't go back home until after New Year's!  Despite the fact that I arrived 10 hours ago after traveling for 18 hours, and I'm wide awake at 3:30am, I'm excited to be here with my mama!



the poet Byron carved his name into this pillar.










3 comments:

  1. In case anyone is wondering about the chair with the broken leg, compliments of Wikipedia:

    Broken Chair is a monumental sculpture in wood by the Swiss artist Daniel Berset, constructed by the carpenter Louis Genève. It is constructed of 5.5 tons of wood and is 12 metres (39 feet) high.

    It depicts a giant chair with a broken leg and stands across the street from the Palace of Nations, in Geneva. It symbolises opposition to land mines and cluster bombs, and acts as a reminder to politicians and others visiting Geneva.

    ...sorry, I was curious, so I looked it up. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! Too gorgeous for words!
    Have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh......I so wish we would have had the time/money to visit them before they return :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...