Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

restoration furniture

I have been so excited about writing this post.  Evie, of Post College Working Girl, is always re-doing furniture and nicknacks, making them look better and more modern than before.  So when my flatmate Andy found this piece of furniture, I just had to get it.


Right away I saw it's potential, so I went to work.  I've never done something like this before, and through this project I've gotten to know the gentlemen at my local hardware store pretty well.  I think they think I'm nuts.  But look at the outcome!  A little bit of stain, a little bit of varnish, and it's a whole new piece of furniture!



Now the stain looks darker in these pictures than it actually is.  It's a cherry wood coloured stain, to bring out it's sophisticated antiqueness.  This is going to serve as my workspace, and I can't wait to decorate it. And, you know, maybe get a chair.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it looks amazing, sweetie!!! You did such a great job! Love:) Happy Wednesday morning. muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY, absolutely gorgeous! I can't get over how much better that wood looks now! Good eye!!

    Would you mind if I shared on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I can never quite muster the sticktoitiveness for a project like this...but I totally admire when others have the attention span for giving an old piece a new look!

    It looks fabulous, and I can totally see it being a very inspiring little workspace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done my friend! it's such a pretty piece and looks so lovely now that you've finished it off! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...