![]() |
| {my hometown, Ottawa - image taken from here} |
And then a miracle happened. I realized I have air mile points. Lots and lots of air mile points! Enough to fly over to Canada for a visit! So although there are no set dates yet - and nothing is official unless it's already been "paid" for - I'm planning to go back to Ottawa via Vancouver for two weeks early October. And let me tell you, I couldn't be more excited. As soon as the decision was made and discussed with my mother, I have felt as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm going home. I'm going to see my family, my best friends. I'm going to be surrounded by the people I love and trust the most. I am going to feel like I belong. I am going to be able to re-group.
And I seriously, honestly couldn't be more excited. I feel like I'm breathing fresh air for the first time in weeks.
![]() |
| {my adopted hometown, Vancouver - image taken from here} |


Oh, hooray hooray!! :) So excited for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that the past few weeks have been hard...I swear moving far, far away from home is such an up and down experience that sometimes I guess I don't even know how to feel.
But going home is going to be awesome for you. I, too, am headed home at the beginning of October for three weeks and can't really express how much better I feel now that I KNOW I'll be back in my comfort zone.
But I'm already dreading the last day at home...knowing that reality awaits me here. ;)
Anyway, hooray for a trip home!!