Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the thanksgiving that never was

Canadian Thanksgiving is in October, and it is one of my most favourite times of the year.  To me, Thanksgiving means family, gratitude, and taking time to be thankful for life.  This year my plan was to host an orphan's Canadian Thanksgiving in Sydney, and invite all my new friends over.  I even made invites and everything.


Then, as we know, I decided to come to Canada instead.  Unfortunately I couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving, but I was able to spend it with two of my oldest and dearest friends, and we had a wonderful night.  There is so much to be said for spending time with your best friends.



Three days later I got to have a big dinner with my extended family.  That was amazing, and took place right after the family photos were taken.

As difficult as the last few months have been, there is still so much to be thankful for.  I have definitely been counting my blessings.  

Hope all my Canadian friends out there had a good Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

  1. Aw!! Love your invite! I'm glad you had a great turkey day anyway :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...