Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

jess(ica fletcher) and darth (vader)

So last night I went to the theatre where I think G and I were the youngest in the audience by a good ten years.  We saw the stage production of "Driving Miss Daisy".  WITH ANGELA LANSBURY AND GAMES EARL JONES.

Seriously.  I got to watch Jessica Fletcher and Darth Vader act together on stage.  Did you know Ms Lansbury got an Oscar for her very first movie in 1944?  And James Earl Jones really does have the best voice on earth.  And together, their stage presence and chemistry is just off the charts.  Their performances were so enthralling that there was not one split second where my focus was drawn elsewhere.

And let me tell you, Ms Lansbury is 87 years old yet looks and moves like a spritely 60 year old.  I mean, the woman can hurry down a winding flight of stairs in heels.  In heels.  I can barely even do that in flats.

Anyway, I could go on for ages about how and why the play last night was so good and how and why it was so amazing to see these two greats act together.  But let's look at some photos instead.

{A young James Earl Jones.  Image taken from here}
{image taken from here}
{A young Angela Lansbury!  Image taken from here}





2 comments:

  1. wow- that is really cool that you saw them together on stage. And weren't they both gorgeous in their youth (still good looking now, but in a different way)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...