So I have to come up with a name for a theatre company. My theatre company.
My cousin and I are co-producing (and I'm acting in) a short play for the fringe festival this year, and as I was registering it hit me that we need a company name. And I never would have thought to feel such pressure over this before, but I do! And some people - I'm not looking at you at all, Erik and Stella - have been no help telling me things like "go with whatever you think is good", or "this is up to you, it's your baby". (Obviously not literally a 'baby')
So I've been trying to think of words I like, things that mean something to me, and representations of who I am as an artist. Most of my ideas are really lame, but then there are a few I think that could be cool.....if I don't get sick of them after a while? I mean, after all, I'm starting a brand, in a sense. I want something quirky and fun.
So far my favourites include:
My cousin and I are co-producing (and I'm acting in) a short play for the fringe festival this year, and as I was registering it hit me that we need a company name. And I never would have thought to feel such pressure over this before, but I do! And some people - I'm not looking at you at all, Erik and Stella - have been no help telling me things like "go with whatever you think is good", or "this is up to you, it's your baby". (Obviously not literally a 'baby')
So I've been trying to think of words I like, things that mean something to me, and representations of who I am as an artist. Most of my ideas are really lame, but then there are a few I think that could be cool.....if I don't get sick of them after a while? I mean, after all, I'm starting a brand, in a sense. I want something quirky and fun.
So far my favourites include:
- Waking Moose Theatre Company
- Walking Moose Theatre Company (inspired by Arlo Guthrie's poem "When Mooses Go Walking")
- Patchwork Productions
- Beanstalk Productions (inspired by my favourite acting experience so far)
- SkimMilk Theatre Company
- Eggshell Theatre
- SubZero Theatre Company
- Hemisphere Productions (inspired by the two different parts of the world I'm from)
- HalfMoon Theatre Company (inspired by what I see out my window right now lol)
I think I know which one I'm leaning towards......but what about you?
Patchwork or Walking Moose!
ReplyDeleteLike them all though. Hemisphere too.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
For some reason, SubZero Theater jumped out at me. Good luck!!
ReplyDelete