Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

a late valentine's day post; a revelation

{image taken from here}

Remember this post?  And this and this?

As a single lady, I love Valentine's Day.  The festive side of me comes out, and I decorate, I make a fuss, and I celebrate.  I always thought that I'd love it even more in a relationship (it is not too often that I've had a boyfriend during Valentine's Day; the last one was three years ago).  Apparently, not so much!  Suddenly the day felt manufactured and forced, and I felt all sorts of pressure.  I found myself wishing it could just be a 'normal' day, and that I could be romantic some other day when I wanted to be.  I even begged to get out of celebrating it this year!  But the Fella said that it was important to him, so we went out for a nice dinner instead, and we got each other small gifts.

But it surprised me!  When did I become a Valentine's Day Scrooge??

What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...