Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

waxing philosophical at the passport office

{image taken from here}
I was inspired by a Canadian Passport Officer the other day.  I was applying for a new passport, and the agent was flipping through my passport and asking me about all my travels.  After a brief description, he said "what a nice life".  And I responded that yes, I was really lucky.  And then I made a joke about it being an expensive life, too, because of the traveling.  And he said "Oh no.  A rich life.  An expensive life is if you stay in the same place your whole life, and do the same things.  That's an expensive life.  A life where you go places and experience new things is a rich life, not expensive."

It really made me think.  It is so true.  My mission is to live a rich life.

4 comments:

  1. wow...what a neat/random convo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice to meet someone doing their job but whom also shares personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. what a thoughtful passport agent. i love that notion of rich vs. expensive. beautiful thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you leap across the counter & hug that passport dude? Because I sure would have!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...