Well, here I am. The much anticipated move has happened, and I am now officially a resident of Sydney, Australia. I'm also officially homeless, and officially homesick. Today is my second full day in town, so I know I should be patient with both myself and with the city. It's expected that I be homesick. It's expected that I miss my loved ones back home. It's expected that I feel lonely. It's expected that I doubt myself, the move, and my ability to ever consider Sydney "home". If there was a big love waiting for me here, or an amazing acting opportunity, maybe it would all be different. But (now) there's neither. And although I was expecting to feel all of the above, that knowledge somehow didn't prepare me for it. I feel disoriented, alone, and overwhelmed. And I long to hear the voices of those I love.
 |
| {a view from the plane} |
 |
| {flying over a sunset} |
 |
| {my first glimpse of Australia!} |
But, let's end this post on a positive note, shall we?
My early 30th birthday party/going away party back home in Vancouver was sensational. The theme was a hit, and everybody had a great time.
 |
| {me, my epic hair, and a friend...Oh, and fake tattoos} |
 |
| {me and one of my girlfriends} |
 |
| {with a boy who's very dear to my heart} |
Your hair looks very epic!
ReplyDeleteI also think you're very brave for moving to Australia! :)
I hope that everything works out for you and you will not be homeless soon, and that new adventures take up space in your heart that homesickness now fills!
♥
http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/
Thank you, Anna!!
ReplyDeletehey!
ReplyDeleteI made the move from Ireland to Australia 7 months ago and I can say I know EXACTLY how you feel. That horrible, gut-wrenching 'what have I done?' feeling DOES go away, but it'll probably stick around for a while. Once you get settled and make your own friends and your own $$, it all makes more sense and thats when socialising, relaxing actually feeling like you 'live there' can begin, if you have any questions, drop me an email!!
Hope you find your feet soon. And in the meantime, enjoy the sunshine! (at least you arrived in the best season :)
xxx
G'day Eliza!! I'm so proud of you for following your heart & making the leap Down Under like you wanted to. I know exactly the homeless/homesick feeling you're experiencing. I've felt it countless times but if you take life one day at a time (easier said than done, I know...) things will set up, you'll find your place & then you'll soon be having amazing Australian adventures. And I can't wait to read all about them!! In the meantime, sending you Vancouverite vibes of encouragement & big bisous all the way from Annecy!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the support, guys!! It's comforting, and means a lot. Bisous! <3
ReplyDelete