Ok, ok, I know I've been a little slack in the blogging lately. Especially in the updates of my new life in Australia. So I thought I'd give a brief rundown. It certainly has been interesting times.
ACTING
I have jumped right into the deep end here. I found myself a well-respected acting coach, whom I just adore. He's more than just a coach; he's become my mentor. He sat down with me and went over all of the agencies in town; which ones to stay away from, which ones I want, and which ones would be good for me. Then I got to business contacting them, and lo and behold, one of them wanted me! I had an excellent audition with them, and they have now taken me onto their roster! Yipeeee.
I also have an upcoming audition for the Sydney Theatre Company, which is the company that Kate Blanchett runs. It's in two days; fingers crossed for that one!!
JOBS
Still no paid work. Sigh. But I snagged a journalism internship, which starts on Monday.
FRIENDS AND FLATMATE
Andy and I continue to have our ups and downs. Turns out there's a bit of attraction here (on both parts; but he is the one who brought this up and initiated the conversation, I have not disclosed my feelings), and he feels slightly uncomfortable about the level of his attraction to me. So, we'll see how this plays out. On the friends front, I'm continuing to make new friends, and strengthen current ones.
ACTING
I have jumped right into the deep end here. I found myself a well-respected acting coach, whom I just adore. He's more than just a coach; he's become my mentor. He sat down with me and went over all of the agencies in town; which ones to stay away from, which ones I want, and which ones would be good for me. Then I got to business contacting them, and lo and behold, one of them wanted me! I had an excellent audition with them, and they have now taken me onto their roster! Yipeeee.
I also have an upcoming audition for the Sydney Theatre Company, which is the company that Kate Blanchett runs. It's in two days; fingers crossed for that one!!
JOBS
Still no paid work. Sigh. But I snagged a journalism internship, which starts on Monday.
FRIENDS AND FLATMATE
Andy and I continue to have our ups and downs. Turns out there's a bit of attraction here (on both parts; but he is the one who brought this up and initiated the conversation, I have not disclosed my feelings), and he feels slightly uncomfortable about the level of his attraction to me. So, we'll see how this plays out. On the friends front, I'm continuing to make new friends, and strengthen current ones.
Congratulations on being signed to an agency - that's exciting news! Can't wait to hear about your audition... and the budding romance!
ReplyDeleteI am sure you'll find work soon, but that's great that you have an agent now. Good luck, things will come along! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic news!!! I am so excited for you, sweetie and congrats on being signed to the agency. Also, fingers crossed for the big audition. You will do great! Muah
ReplyDeleteha! that TOTALLY explains the valentine's weirdness...
ReplyDelete...and the fact that when we planned to go to a movie cheap tuesday, he kept on needlessly saying "this is NOT a date"...(We never went to the movie, he blew me off to drink with work friends)
ReplyDelete