Well I'm not as young as I used to be. It's taken me almost a week to blog about this, probably because it's taken me almost that long to recover from it! But last weekend I went out, thinking I could keep up with my 23 year old cousin, Stef. Nope, turns out I can't!
I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I'd woken up in the movie "The Hangover". I woke up fully dressed, minus my skirt (which was crumpled on the floor); my heels were missing; one contact in, one contact....lost??....; no recollection of anything past about midnight (which is when the last text on my phone that I remember was sent - luckily I didn't drunk-text anything stupid to anyone); and a pair of strange sandals at the foot of my bed.
Seriously?? Who has nights like this when they're 30??......Me, apparently....
I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I'd woken up in the movie "The Hangover". I woke up fully dressed, minus my skirt (which was crumpled on the floor); my heels were missing; one contact in, one contact....lost??....; no recollection of anything past about midnight (which is when the last text on my phone that I remember was sent - luckily I didn't drunk-text anything stupid to anyone); and a pair of strange sandals at the foot of my bed.
![]() |
| {this is me a few hours after waking up, still trying to hold my head together. I'm in a lot more pain that I look.} |
Anyway, I was able to piece together from my cousin that she dropped me off home in a taxi about 2am (so there's a solid two hours I don't remember!?). We had lots of fun, and danced at an Irish pub with live music, and I flirted with a cute boy. She has my other heel, and the strange sandals are hers.
I also pieced together from sweet, sweet Andy (sweet because he was patient with me despite the fact that he had to be at the airport at 5am to go to a conference) that I arrived home banging on the front door because I couldn't find my keys (which were in my small clutch purse that held only my wallet, my phone, and said keys....). He said I could walk, but that he had to guide me to the bathroom. He kept me company while I took out one contact lens (and lost it) and decided I'd worry about the other one in the morning. He guided me back to my bedroom and put me to bed. Apparently we had a conversation, but he won't tell me what it was about (never a good sign). To be honest, I think he found the whole think kind of endearing??
A couple of cool photos wound up on my phone, though......



Me... what I want to know is, where does our stamina go once we hit 30?! I used to be able to do all-nighters with no worries! Sounds like you had a fabulously fun night... and as an aside, it was cool to see a photo of somewhere in Sydney I've been before. Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteps. thanks for you lovely comment!
Oh dear!!! The good part is that Andy is such a sweetheart. How lovely that he helped you out:) Hope you are feeling much better by now. Have a sunny day, sweetie.
ReplyDeleteAhhh yes, getting old. It's weird how our bodies and internal clocks change. I have a roommate who is about six years younger than me and I am always so impressed that she goes out all night and then manages to make it to work in time. But then I remember doing that too in my early 20s and being completely fine and capable. Now my idea of a good night out is going to dinner and being in bed by midnight. Also, weirdly enough, I wake up before 7am every morning and feel good! This was sooooo not me ten years ago. So I feel ya on this one! But sounds like you had a great night!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, what's happening with Andy? I read the last few posts about him and am curious - do you think you guys will ever get together or is it too weird?
xo.
Lisa - I sent you an email. :) xo
Delete