Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

the second man in my life

{image taken from here}

I did something I never thought I'd do.....I got a personal trainer!  He started saying hi to me at the gym after seeing me there so often, and then we started small talking.  He's American and I'm Canadian, so we joke that I'm the more polite version of him.  Then last week he came over and just gave me a bit of a tip on my form on something.  We started talking and he gave me a couple extra challenges to add into the weights that day, and it was awesome.

I've never felt comfortable with PTs, they always seem either overly serious or overly fake.  But this guy made me feel like he was genuine when he laughed and smiled, and out of nowhere I just really wanted to train with him.

So, I signed on to do a free trial session with him.  I just got home from it now, and it was AMAZING.  Normally I love the cardio days but get bored with the weights on strength training days.  Not this time!  It was so fun that I just had to come home and tell someone (you)!  It was SUCH a nice end to the day. He kept me laughing while pushing me beyond what I push myself (he called it "subtly terrorizing" me, meaning I'm having fun now so won't realize how hard I'm working until tomorrow).  And I liked it.

He also gave me the "squat award" - he said that I have the best squat form he's ever seen during a first session, and said it was one of the best forms he's seen for squats ever!  I tie with one of his male clients.  Woohoo!

He gave me a deal for signing up for ten sessions, so I'm going to see him for at least the next ten weeks, just to help keep me on track with my goals and spice things up a bit.  And I am SO excited!

Got a slap of reality, though, when we were talking and he differentiated between "my" generation and "your" generation.....he's about 25 and I'm 32.  Guess I'm really not that young anymore........lol

1 comment:

  1. Whoa - 10 years does not a generation make, buster! Cool that you found a way to get challenged and not bored at the gym. I have been considering hiring a PT, so I would like to hear more about your experience.
    I hope you are having a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...