Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

my ovaries did what now?

{image taken from here}
A scary thing happened just before the weekend.  I started feeling really unwell, and had excruciating pain in my lower abdomen.  The Fella took me to the Emergency Room, where for about 12 hours it was thought I was experiencing the aftermath of a burst ovarian cyst.  After way too many uncomfortable exams it was settled upon that I was really experiencing ovarian apoplexy.  Basically, I ovulated and for whatever reason it caused an internal hemorrhage.  Very painful stuff.  And I'm not going to lie, it was really scary for a couple hours there.  But The Fella was amazing and has been an absolute superstar in taking care of me.

Luckily it's mostly all over now, and my body is in the process of absorbing all the 'rogue' fluids/blood.  This will take a couple days, and I'll feel yucky in the meantime, but I'm on the mend. But let me tell you, not something I'd like to experience again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...