Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

yoga challenge: half way there

So, as you know, I'm doing a 40 day yoga challenge.  Today marks the halfway point: day 20.  So, here's the progress.


Have I lost weight?  No.  But yoga doesn't facilitate weight loss, unless you do hot yoga.  Which I don't.  To be honest, I can't think of anything worse than doing yoga in a room that's steam heated to 30+ celsius. Anyway.  Has my muscle tone improved?  You betcha.  Has my self-confidence improved?  Yes.  In fact, for the first time since the breakup, I've had days when I've honestly felt attractive.  And not because someone told me I was, but because I felt I was.  It's not all that time, but it is about 50% of the time.  Which is a 50% improvement from before.


One more thing.  Have I been enjoying it?  Yes.  But am I always happy to be on the mat every single day?  No.  Not at all.  To be honest, this past week I've been cranky, and grouchy, and agitated, and not very zen-like in the studio at all.  I have almost resented having to make time to go to yoga on a daily basis (classes last 1.25 hours).  In fact, I was so moody about it all last night that I came home and ate an entire Ben and Jerry's tub of ice cream!  Disgusting and gross, I know.  And totally defeating the point of it all.  But there you have it....at least I'm honest? 


But I've been told this is part of the process.  It's the "midway-hump".  And ultimately, I'm glad I'm doing this.  Every yoga class I hope that the teacher will ask the room if anybody is doing the challenge, so that I can put up my hand and show that yes, yes I am!  Because I'm proud of myself.  Even if I am grumpy.


I'd also like to make a shout-out to Amy, who's doing a month of NaNoWriMo.  Go Team!

1 comment:

  1. Yeeeeahh!!! You're halfway there!!! WHOA-OA!!! Living on a prayer! Take my hand and we'll make it, I swear! WHOA-OA!!! Living on a prayer!

    Fantastic work making it halfway through your challenge! My NANO is going OK, but I'm nowhere near the 50,000 words that constitutes "winning." But, I've been able to regroup (so to speak) and get my writing sealegs back. So that makes me think I'm still a winner. Ugh, cheesy-- but true.

    P.S. I added you to my blogroll. Hope that's cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...