Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

give me space and I will fill it. or, the tale of my purse envy

"Build it and they will come".  Similarly, give me space and I'll use it.

I once spent three months backpacking with nothing but my rucksack and a small purse.  I carried my life in one bag.  Similarly, for two years I lived in Hong Kong, happy in a two bedroom, 400 sq ft apartment (that I shared with first a roommate, then my boyfriend).  I can have a compact life with minimal things and I'll be perfectly happy.  Not that you'd know it by looking at my apartment now.  Or by looking at the size of my purses.  Really, if you give me space, I'll find a way of filling it.  It's like my required space to survive naturally expands if allowed.

And right now, this space that's expanding is my purse requirement.  All of my bags/purses seem to have broken at all once, so now I am on the hunt for a good all-day purse.  I have in my mind exactly what I want, but I just haven't been able to find it!  Lately I've even been stopping strangers in the street to ask them where they got their purses!  So, in my quest to find the perfect "carry all", I'm sharing what's attracting my eye right now.

{image taken from here}
{image taken from here}
{I am absolutely in love with this one!!  But it's not the size I need....}
{image taken from here}
{image taken from here}
{I'm seriously thinking of getting this one - it's the right size}
ASOS shoulder bag
{image taken from here}






1 comment:

  1. Gah! I freakin' love all these purses. Seriously, we have the same purse MO!

    I almost bought a purse that was so freakishly similar to the last one you posted. It was perfection. It was also out of my price range. My heart is still with it, I believe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...