Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm bringing cottage cheese muffins to easter brunch

It's a great thing, to live near your best friends, isn't it?  I live near two of my very dearest friends, Eryne and Neil.  They're married, and we've all known each other since high school.  I can proudly say that I'm equally good friends with them both, and never ever feel like a third wheel  when it's just the three of us hanging out.  I think that's the sign of a really good friendship.

Anyway, they're really good at getting everyone together for holiday celebrations, and this weekend's no different.  Tomorrow morning, 6 or 7 of us will be going to Eryne and Neil's place for an Easter Brunch pot luck.  I couldn't be more excited; spending Thanksgiving with them was the best ever.

My contribution tomorrow will be cottage cheese muffins.  Yes, you heard me right, cottage cheese muffins.  I first heard of these from a local Jewish bakery here in Vancouver, called "Solly's Bagels".  They're delicious, and I'm pretty much obsessed with them.  When I decided these were what I was bringing with me to the pot luck tomorrow, I went on an online hunt for their recipe.  And guess what I found?  Another girl in Vancouver had had the same thought I did, and she re-created them in her kitchen and posted the recipe online!  Oh happy days!

And I must say....they turned out pretty good.  I just finished baking them.  I highly recommend checking out the recipe!  Thank you, Tora!

Some changes I would make to the recipe next time: I'd get rid of the cornmeal, and I'd add some sugar, maybe 1/4 cup.


1 comment:

  1. I just read this, but at the time you wrote it did not really know of your blog. It is so nice to see everything from your side!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...