![]() |
| {taken from the little things we do} |
1. I feel happy when I spend quality time with close friends. Like how I have a long standing wine date with my girlfriend Erin on Wednesday nights, and I look forward to it every week. Or how my buddy Scott and I will go to one of our favourite places in town and spend hours picking at nachos and talking about the little things in life.
2. I get silly when I'm really excited about something. I get hyper, and then I get silly.
3. Something that makes me sad is when a friend makes a judgement call about me that's totally off base.
4. Something that makes me annoyed is thinking about my best friend's upcoming wedding. I know, that's horrible of me to say, but it's true. He's a guy (I'll call him M), I'm a girl, we've known each other for over 20 years (since we were children). He's getting married in the summer, and I'm not part of the wedding party! Like, at all! I don't really know his fiance (we live in different parts of Canada), so I'm obviously not one of her bridesmaids. And I guess she's too traditional or something, because I'm also not one of M's groomspeople (I've seen it done before where the groom had a groomswoman). I don't know, I haven't brought it up with my best friend. It's not my place; it's his wedding, after all. But still, we've been best friends for years. It hurts, and it sucks that I'm not going to be in any of the wedding pictures or sharing any of this special time with him (apart from being just a face in the crowd - they're having a big Italian wedding). He doesn't know I blog, so I feel I can write about this.
5. A time that I've been truly surprised was when I moved in with my ex boyfriend Stephen. On our first day of living together he put rose petals leading from the front door to the bedroom. When I entered the bedroom it was full of balloons. He told me I had to pop them, and inside each balloon he'd stuffed a note about how much he loved me. It's the most romantic thing anybody's ever done for me.
6. I am so thankful for my close friends here in Vancouver. Without them, I never would have made it through this past year. They are amazing, amazing friends.
7. I feel loved when I receive a genuine hug. Especially from my friend Scott, who's not much of a hugger.

No comments:
Post a Comment